If someone would have asked me what I saw the first time I looked at you and knew I could fall in love,
I would tell them I saw the next 50 years of my life.
It only took me a couple weeks to know that you were going to be my next great love,
but it has taken me months to put those feelings into words and I’m still not sure I’ve done them any justice.
You always say we are your favorite work of art,
even though we have only just begun.
You tell your friends that we are a work in progress,
but this will be a masterpiece and I believe you.
When I asked you what you wanted our masterpiece to look like,
I can imagine you smiling from 100 miles away as you thought of our lives together.
You want people to look at us like we were created to end up together,
and I can’t think of anything better than spending my life with you.
If I told you I knew what we would become,
that would be the farthest thing from the truth.
This fear of not knowing rattles my bones so violently that it sometimes wakes me up at night,
but I can tell you that our masterpiece is what rocks me back to sleep.
It reminds me that one day you will be there beside me when I wake up,
that you will pull me in closer and tell me that everything is okay.
We will rise in the morning and face the world like we have it all figured out,
despite knowing we aren’t sure about anything except each other.
You told me once that some things don’t go the way we expect them to,
and looking back on my life,
they never really do,
but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fantastic anyway.
I kicked my expectations to the curb the same day you placed your heart in my hands,
and I almost broke down out of pure joy that I had just received the most beautiful gift of all.
I asked you if you were sure you wanted mine,
and your lips echoed a heartfelt “yes” - one for each scar you counted.
Do you remember when you asked me how it feels to be in love?
I told you it feels like home.
If anyone asks me about you or our masterpiece,
I will tell them I want to spend the rest of my days coming home to you.
u know when u really like someone and literally every little thing they do is cute and no matter what face they make they always look perfect to you
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.